    via email to a particular web address. Is this possible just using
    html? I understand if no one is familiar with CCMI, but if this was
    going to be done solely using html, how would it be done?
    Vince, Jul 30, 2007

  2. Vince

    Roedy Green Guest

    >CCMI
    I googled CCMI and got pages and pages of responses, none that looked
    like the CCMI you are talking about. Does it have a home page?
    Did you know it is a Cashmere Goat organisation, a church, a capital
    management company, and the Computer Consultants of Milledgeville?
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Jul 30, 2007

  3. Vince

    Vince Guest

    On Jul 30, 11:41 am, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > >CCMI

    > I googled CCMI and got pages and pages of responses, none that looked
    > like the CCMI you are talking about. Does it have a home page?
    > Did you know it is a Cashmere Goat organisation, a church, a capital
    > management company, and the Computer Consultants of Milledgeville?
    > --
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    Give me some time to find out the contact information. They are group
    based over in Germany. For the most part I just need to know how I can
    do this in html.
    Vince, Jul 30, 2007
  4. Vince wrote:

    > Give me some time to find out the contact information. They are group
    > based over in Germany.

    Ask if they have canned server-side scripts available to you.

    > For the most part I just need to know how I can do this in html.

    The answer is No. HTML doesn't *do* anything except display content.
    You will need some kind of server-based script to generate an email.

    Your HTML will be something similar to this, in its basic layout:

    <form id="email" method="post" action="/scripts/sendmail.cgi">
    <label>Comments:
    <textarea name="comment" id='comment' rows="8" cols="55"></textarea>
    </label>
    <label>
    <input type="submit" value=" Submit Form "
    id="submit1" name="submit1">
    </label>
    </form>

    ...and upon clicking the button, or pressing Enter, the script will be
    invoked to complete the job.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 30, 2007
  5. Vince

    Paul Furman Guest

    Vince wrote:

    > I have recently gotten a request to add an HTML text box and
    > submit button to a CCMI web page (CCMI allows authors to embed html
    > objects and functionality into their web pages). My superiors want a
    > user to be able to visit this particular web page, type in a comment
    > in the text box, click the submit button, and then have the text sent
    > via email to a particular web address. Is this possible just using
    > html?

    You can do a mailto: and set the title text on static pages and/or maybe
    some intro text but that's about it. Maybe enough for your purposes, you
    just have to set the adressee & title for each page you want to look
    distinctive, manually.

    --
    Paul Furman Photography
    http://edgehill.net