Using an IFrame with smart navigation problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jason Rodman, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Jason Rodman

    Jason Rodman Guest

    I have been working on a web app that uses IFrames for our edit
    screens. A main window contains static information, while an IFrame
    contains the editable page. I use javascript from the outer page to
    cause the inner page to post back, but when I turn on smart
    navigation, it locks up IE. I tracked it down to the actual
    [form].submit() call in javascript, then its locked up. I set a couple
    of hidden form elements that I use for tracking, then submit its form.
    Here is the code here:

    // submit the form to process here...
    document.frames("ifWizard").document.forms[0].saveresult.value = "";
    document.frames("ifWizard").document.forms[0].savemode.value = "1";
    document.frames("ifWizard").document.forms[0].submit();

    Ive been researching how smart navigation works, but it seems like it
    shouldnt have a problem with this. I thought it was my code at first,
    but all indications are leading to some sort of bug in smart
    navigation. Has anyone else came across this problem?

    Jason Rodman, Jul 23, 2003