smart navigation property concept

Matthew Louden

I want to clarify the new feature smart navigation property in ASP.NET.

Let's use the example and assume this is in process.asp

When we click the submit button, the form will send the data in web control
to the server, and then call "process.asp." Since the form is in
process.asp, and "process.asp" is the form to call, so it makes us think the
page is being loaded again, or have the same effect as refresh the page. The
smart navigation property is to prevent the page from blinking?

Please advise! Thanks!

Jos

Matthew said:
I want to clarify the new feature smart navigation property in
ASP.NET.

Let's use the example and assume this is in process.asp

When we click the submit button, the form will send the data in web
control to the server, and then call "process.asp." Since the form is
in process.asp, and "process.asp" is the form to call, so it makes us
think the page is being loaded again, or have the same effect as
refresh the page. The smart navigation property is to prevent the
page from blinking?

Amongst other advantages, yes. But it will not work with an asp page,
only aspx.

Read:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemWebUIPageClassSmartNavigationTopic.asp