    the current form data to the IIS server, and open the current page (means
    refresh the page).

    Is that the correct logic? please advise. Thanks!!

    Matt, May 29, 2004

  2. Matt

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Matt:

    AutoPostBack behavior depends on the type of web control you are
    setting it to "true" on. For a DropDownList the form will post back
    when the user changes the select item, for a TextBox the form will
    post back if the user changes the text in the TextBox and then moves
    focus out of the TextBox.

    What you are descriping is accurate, the form will post back, events
    on the form will fire, and the form will render for the browser again.

    HTH,

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com