    asp code and javascript in an asp.net application? I'm sure that Microsoft
    wants us to use the newer method but what advantage is there to doing this?
    Any insight into this will be helpful. Thanks

    Ellie, Oct 27, 2008

  2. Ellie

    bruce barker Guest

    asp.net use a postback to self model. you can not set the action on a form
    (with a runat="server"). you can set the postbackurl on a submit button basis.

    there are two types of controls, webcontrols, the .net abstract, or
    HtmlControls, which is a subset of the html controls. any markup between
    server controls is placed in a generic control.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 27, 2008

  3. Ellie

    Ellie Guest

    Well now that I'm working with this more there are things that I like about
    the asp.net new way and things that I like about the old way. I like using
    the html controls better and I like using the old submit/action better but I
    do really like having classes and linking them into my project. So for now
    I'm going to mix it up since html is the standard I can't see the html
    controls going away any time soon. I did two very nice websites in vb6
    webclasses, after much head banging, and now look where that got me...

    Ellie, Oct 30, 2008