Using bean in JSF

Naeem

I am using Sun Java Studio Creator Update 2 for developing JSF web
apps. I want to display a table (datatable) that gets it row data
from
a bean/java class that connects to the database using JDBC and gets
the rows from a table.
I know one way to display database table data is using data provider
from Server tab and bind the table to the row source. But I don't
want
to use visual tools for database connectivity, just use a business
logic bean like we use in simple JSP.
Please help....

Lew

Naeem said:
I am using Sun Java Studio Creator Update 2 for developing JSF web
apps. I want to display a table (datatable) that gets it row data
from
a bean/java class that connects to the database using JDBC and gets
the rows from a table.
I know one way to display database table data is using data provider
from Server tab and bind the table to the row source. But I don't
want
to use visual tools for database connectivity, just use a business
logic bean like we use in simple JSP.

First and foremost: do not multi-post. One group likely would have sufficed,
but if you really, really must reach many, then cross-post, preferably with
followup ("f/u" or "f-u") set to one of them.

The difference is that a multi-post sends the same message separately to
multiple groups, a cross-post sends it to all at once, thus unifying the
answers. Multi-posting is very annoying and will cost you your answers quite
often.

I'm also going to guess that you meant to have a question in there somewhere,
and aren't simply sharing your desires with the world.

Have you considered looking at the code created by your IDE and using it as an
example of how to do the coding in text?

What have you read so far on this question? Have you researched JNDI, say
through
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jndi/index.html> ?

Have you read the JEE tutorial about JSF?
<http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnaph.html>
& /ff./?

Or about the Java Persistence API (JPA)?
<http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnbpy.html>

The Sun Java Studio Creator is based on NetBeans, which has a JPA tutorial at
<http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/web/web-jpa.html>

Also, GIYF.