    to the community. This means, people from any country will use it
    >From the begining I've thinking on the Globalization issue and the

    application has been created taking in consideration that will be
    translated, separating all strings in an XML file to read from.
    I just started this way and never stopped to take a look at the
    built-in globalization features on asp.net 2.0. Now, I am.
    I'm wondering whether I can use the globalizations features on asp.net
    2.0 or continue as I was doing. I'm thinking of products like
    vBulleting and WordPress that provides you with a single XML file that
    you can take, open, translate your self and upload to your site and
    have your website languages changed. Or simply if some strings don't
    like you, you can changed them and have them automatically translated.
    I want this kind of simple functionality for my software and I don't
    know if use the Globalization on asp.net 2.0 with their .resx files
    will make me able to provide this.
    I appreciate any comment.
    , Sep 22, 2006

    I really, really appreciate ANY comment :)

    wrote:
    > I'm starting to work in an application that will be freely distribuited
    > to the community. This means, people from any country will use it
    > >From the begining I've thinking on the Globalization issue and the

    > application has been created taking in consideration that will be
    > translated, separating all strings in an XML file to read from.
    > I just started this way and never stopped to take a look at the
    > built-in globalization features on asp.net 2.0. Now, I am.
    > I'm wondering whether I can use the globalizations features on asp.net
    > 2.0 or continue as I was doing. I'm thinking of products like
    > vBulleting and WordPress that provides you with a single XML file that
    > you can take, open, translate your self and upload to your site and
    > have your website languages changed. Or simply if some strings don't
    > like you, you can changed them and have them automatically translated.
    > I want this kind of simple functionality for my software and I don't
    > know if use the Globalization on asp.net 2.0 with their .resx files
    > will make me able to provide this.
    > I appreciate any comment.
    , Sep 23, 2006

    I found the following extract here :
    http://openmymind.net/index.aspx?documentId=3

    Why not use what's available as-is?
    While it's certainly possible to develop a multilingual application
    with the tools provided with ASP.Net, there are a number of limitation
    which make the task less than streamlined. Some of the key problems
    are:

    * Resource files are embedded into [satellite] assemblies
    * Resource files can't return strongly-typed objects
    * Web controls aren't easily hooked with resource files

    While the list might seem small, the above three issues can be quite
    serious - with the first being the worst. For example, since resource
    files are embedded into assemblies, its very difficult to ship a
    product which provides the client with the flexibility to change the
    content - a feature offered by many products. At my previous job, every
    time the translation department wanted to change some text, we'd need
    to recompile the entire application, stop 20 web servers and copy the
    ..dll into the bin folder - a frustrating process.

    I think this last pretty much answer my question, seems one cannot add
    languages on the fly, a recompilation is needed !!
    Really !?
    , Sep 23, 2006