Using CommandArgument in Application_BeginRequest

Amil

I use a LinkButton in a DataList. I want to set the CommandName and
CommandArgument for the LinkButton. Then I want to, before the postback,
examine them during Application_BeginRequest to authenticate and keep folks
from hacking the URL.

Is there a way to read the CommandArgument and CommandName from the
Application_BeginRequest?

William F. Robertson, Jr.

What type of things would you check for? ASP.net does a pretty good job of
screening out the bad request.form stuff. (throws exceptions and halts
execution). Try to break it yourself and see what happens.

I don't believe LinkButton does anything that could be manupulated anyway.

Short Answer:
No, it isn't necessary.

bill