Using Crystal Reports to generate PDF files in an ASP.NET application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Richard Lister, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I need my ASP.NET application to generate a few PDF documents, such as
    Purchase Orders, Payment Receipts etc.

    I thought one easy way to do it might be to use Crystal Reports which
    I know can export generated reports to PDF files.

    Does anyone know if the license that comes free with Visual Studio
    covers me for using it in a web application that generates these PDF's
    on the fly and then either displays them to the user, or attaches them
    to an outgoing email?

    I've had a look around usenet and seen a few references to possible
    restrictions or licensing limitations in Crystal Reports for Visual
    Studio .NET, but no conclusive answers.

    Thanks,

    Richard

    Richard Lister, Jun 24, 2003