Using datagrids by row instead of by column?

Coleen

I need to populate a datagrid going across in rows instead of down in
columns...is this possible? I need to be able to update & delete data, so a
datagrid is my first choice (plus I have no idea how to do update/delete
using a table). My problem is that the data coming into the datagrid needs
to be read across, like in an Excel Pivot table, where the first column
holds the description for the row, and the second column has a header, and
each row contains data that can be updated. I also need to be able to do
calculations and display totals in the datagrid. Is this even feasible?
How would I do it if it is, and if not can you direct me to a site where I
can get information on creating an updatable table? Thanks!

Coleen