Using Forms Authentication with ActiveDirectoryProvider

Joined
Jul 15, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Okay, I have all of the title working but my question pertains to user information stored in active directory. How do you access the information such as Actual Name, email, phone, (info stored in the general tab in active directory).

Ive tried:

MembershipUser mb = Membership.GetUser(Context.User.Identity.Name);

not all the info available (only gets me email out of what i need)

Context.User.Identity also only has what equates to username.

I'm trying not to have to store all this info in a db and get it from active directory or create a table and pull info from active directory (its maintained)

Any Solutions? What am I missing?
John

Update...I have figured out how to do, based on this guys example. I wasn't looking for someone to code just didnt know the class DirectoryServices.

http://forums.asp.net/p/1107760/1698899.aspx

and this article as a web service

http://www.nerdliness.com/article/2...-directory-asp-net-ajax-autocomplete-extender

Thank you for looking