Using GLUT....

Advait

Hello everyone,

I am using GCC through DevC++ & Code Block Studio IDEs.
I got libraries "gl" & "glu" with these IDEs.
Programs based on these two libs gl & glu are executing well.
I want to use "glut" library. So I downloaded glut
package and copied it to respective folders i.e. to

include\GL\glut.h
lib\glut32.lib
and
%WinDir%\System\glut32.dll

then I test a glut program; It complied successfully
but while linking it gave me a list of errors.
Which setting do I need to change ?
If you know, Please guide me to overcome the problem !!!

yours
Advait

santosh

Advait said:
Hello everyone,

I am using GCC through DevC++ & Code Block Studio IDEs.
I got libraries "gl" & "glu" with these IDEs.
Programs based on these two libs gl & glu are executing well.
I want to use "glut" library. So I downloaded glut
package and copied it to respective folders i.e. to

include\GL\glut.h
lib\glut32.lib
and
%WinDir%\System\glut32.dll

then I test a glut program; It complied successfully
but while linking it gave me a list of errors.
Which setting do I need to change ?
If you know, Please guide me to overcome the problem !!!

This question is off-topic for this group as it has to do with details
of implementation. Consult a more appropriate group like
comp.os.ms-windows.*, gnu.*, or the forums for DevC++ and code::blocks.

Franchie

You need to link the appropriate libraries with your code, not simply
include the .h file and hope it finds the library later (in your case
the glut dll, which is linked to dynamically).
If the library was not provided with the glut package (which it usually
is), then there are probably some tools in your ide/compiler package to
generate them.

Exactly how to link the libraries, or generate them is, as mentioned
before, off topic ;-).

F.