link error when using a lib file

Vivienne

Hi,

I am trying to use Neon library to develop a simple webdav client.
I am using VC2005 under Windows.
For doing this, I downloaded the source files of Neon and build it
using "nmake" in the commandline.( this is done according to the
install.win32 file in the Neon released source files). Then I got a
lib file, libneon.lib.
I newed a project in VC2005, $ProjeectPath, and try to use the lib
above in the new project. I created a folder under the project
directory, $ProjectPath\include\, and copied all the head files in
Neon source files to this folder $ProjectPath\include\. I also added
this path to the Include path in VC2005, Tools->options->VC->include
files. I also added the directory of the lib file into Tools->options-
VC->library files.

after that, I compiled an example file, in which some functions
implemented in the lib are called. Successfully complied, but some
errors occured when linking. Reading , unresolved external symbol
***(which is the name of function in lib). Obviousely, VC didn't find
the implementation of the function.
Here I am confused. Is there anything wrong with my configration in
VC? or there is something wrong with the lib?
what should I do?

I do hope someone can help me out!
Thanks!

Dan

Andre Kostur

Hi,

I am trying to use Neon library to develop a simple webdav client.
I am using VC2005 under Windows.

[snip linker unable to find library issue]
I do hope someone can help me out!

Consult your compiler's documentation. Alternately, post to a newsgroup
with "microsoft" in its name. You're having a problem with a specific
compiler, which is off-topic for comp.lang.c++.

dasjotre

[...]

did you add libneon.lib to
properties/linker/input/additional dependencies ?

regards

DS