Using HttpListener to host ASP.NET web application

Hans-Jürgen Philippi

Hi Group,

I've created a (very simple) ASP.NET web application with a single *.aspx
page and an *.aspx.cs CodeBehind file: By clicking an HTML form button, a
text control value is written into a label below using a click handler and a
server roundtrip.
Pretty nifty, I know...

Now I want to run this app hosted by an own web server, an HttpListener
based C# application I've created with Visual Studio 2005 - what doesn't
work. The *.aspx page gets published but obviously the actual server
operation/click handler is not executed, the label stays blank and after the
server roundtrip the text control is empty again, no session seems to be
managed although the corresponding hidden form values are there.

Any idea what may be different when the web application runs fine with the
ASP.NET development server launched by Visual Studio? What to look for to
have a web application hosted by an own HttpListener based approach?

Thanks in advance + greetings,
Hans