Using JST]L c:import tag with portlets

vr

I am writing a JSP file in a portlet application to use the c:import
JSTL tag to include a JSP file. However, I am trying to pass a
parameter via c:param to this included file but the parameter is not
being passed. The included JSP file gets "null" when trying to
retrieve the value of this parameter, due to the fact that the
parameter is not being passed. See code below:

<c:import url="/jstltestportlet/jsp/html/test.jsp">
<c:param name="month" value="October" />
</c:import>

Any ideas on why this is happening? Anybody running into this sort of
a problem?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Wendy S

vr said:

Okay... that's the version but whose implementation are you using? JSTL
(JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library) is a specification.
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr052/

There are a couple of implementations that I know of: Jakarta Standard
Taglib (http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html) and
Resin's implementation. Other containers might provide their own.

The reason I asked is that I have heard reports of problems with Resin's
implementation, but I'm not having any problems with Jakarta's.

So... what are you using?

vr

Wendy S said:
Okay... that's the version but whose implementation are you using? JSTL
(JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library) is a specification.
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr052/

There are a couple of implementations that I know of: Jakarta Standard
Taglib (http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html) and
Resin's implementation. Other containers might provide their own.

The reason I asked is that I have heard reports of problems with Resin's
implementation, but I'm not having any problems with Jakarta's.

So... what are you using?

I am using Sun's (java.sun.com) version

vr

Wendy S said:
Okay... that's the version but whose implementation are you using? JSTL
(JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library) is a specification.
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr052/

There are a couple of implementations that I know of: Jakarta Standard
Taglib (http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html) and
Resin's implementation. Other containers might provide their own.

The reason I asked is that I have heard reports of problems with Resin's
implementation, but I'm not having any problems with Jakarta's.

So... what are you using?

I am using Sun's (java.sun.com) version

Chris Smith

vr said:
I am using Sun's (java.sun.com) version

Well, let's see. Sun's JSTL download's page on java.sun.com provides a
download for the JWSDP 1.3, which happens to include the Jakarta Taglibs
implementation (though you have to look hard to discover this). You can
also get JSTL from the J2EE 1.4 distribution. I don't immediately know
what implementation that is... whether it's also Jakarta, or another one
independently implemented by Sun. I suppose I ought to grab it and
check, but that's a little more time than I have right now.

In any case, you obviously don't have Caucho's implementation, which is
the one Wendy said she has seen problems with.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation