    Any ideas on why this is happening? Anybody running into this sort of
    a problem?

    I would appreciate any feedback.
    vr, Jan 14, 2004

  2. vr

    Wendy S Guest

    "vr" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am writing a JSP file in a portlet application to use the c:import
    > JSTL tag to include a JSP file. However, I am trying to pass a
    > parameter via c:param to this included file but the parameter is not
    > being passed.

    Works for me on Tomcat 4.1.29. What JSTL implementation are you using?

    Google turns up a report of a Resin bug, but it's old, I would think it's
    fixed by now.
    http://www.caucho.com/support/resin-interest/0209/0389.html

    --
    Wendy S
    Wendy S, Jan 14, 2004

  3. vr

    vr Guest

    "Wendy S" <> wrote in message news:<bu3pdj$mc9$>...
    > "vr" <> wrote in message
    > > I am writing a JSP file in a portlet application to use the c:import
    > > JSTL tag to include a JSP file. However, I am trying to pass a
    > > parameter via c:param to this included file but the parameter is not
    > > being passed.

    > Works for me on Tomcat 4.1.29. What JSTL implementation are you using?
    >
    > Google turns up a report of a Resin bug, but it's old, I would think it's
    > fixed by now.
    > http://www.caucho.com/support/resin-interest/0209/0389.html

    2.0!!
    vr, Jan 15, 2004
  4. vr

    Wendy S Guest

    "vr" <> wrote

    > 2.0!!

    Okay... that's the version but whose implementation are you using? JSTL
    (JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library) is a specification.
    http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr052/

    There are a couple of implementations that I know of: Jakarta Standard
    Taglib (http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html) and
    Resin's implementation. Other containers might provide their own.

    The reason I asked is that I have heard reports of problems with Resin's
    implementation, but I'm not having any problems with Jakarta's.

    So... what are you using?

    --
    Wendy
    Wendy S, Jan 15, 2004
  5. vr

    vr Guest

    "Wendy S" <> wrote in message news:<bu6um2$f4k$>...
    > "vr" <> wrote
    >
    > > 2.0!!

    > Okay... that's the version but whose implementation are you using? JSTL
    > (JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library) is a specification.
    > http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr052/
    >
    > There are a couple of implementations that I know of: Jakarta Standard
    > Taglib (http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html) and
    > Resin's implementation. Other containers might provide their own.
    >
    > The reason I asked is that I have heard reports of problems with Resin's
    > implementation, but I'm not having any problems with Jakarta's.
    >
    > So... what are you using?

    I am using Sun's (java.sun.com) version
    vr, Jan 22, 2004
  6. vr

    vr, Jan 22, 2004
  7. vr

    Chris Smith Guest

    vr wrote:
    > > So... what are you using?

    > I am using Sun's (java.sun.com) version

    Well, let's see. Sun's JSTL download's page on java.sun.com provides a
    download for the JWSDP 1.3, which happens to include the Jakarta Taglibs
    implementation (though you have to look hard to discover this). You can
    also get JSTL from the J2EE 1.4 distribution. I don't immediately know
    what implementation that is... whether it's also Jakarta, or another one
    independently implemented by Sun. I suppose I ought to grab it and
    check, but that's a little more time than I have right now.

    In any case, you obviously don't have Caucho's implementation, which is
    the one Wendy said she has seen problems with.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Jan 23, 2004