Using key-pairs in a hosted environment

Guest

Hi
We have a requirement to process "digitally signed" XML-based software licenses using an ASP.NET web site, hosted on an ISP server. I read an excellent article (http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/xmldsiglic.asp) describing how to produce key-pairs, create a key container and then use these keys to sign/verify XML files

However, the article uses "key containers" (which are related to a user account) - this is a problem since we are using an ISP to host the site and are trying to access the keys through ASP.NET (which uses a system/worker account which is not specifically "user related")

Are there any examples showing how to export both the public AND the private key, from a ".snk" file, to an XML file which we can then upload to out ISP and use to sign/verify our licenses? I heard there was a way to do this (and password protect the file) but I can't find any code. Are there any security implications here? E.g. someone in the hosting company decides to crack the password protection! Are there any alternatives that will allow us to use key containers securely via ASP.NET

Thanks for any help

Guest

Hi
I thought the "managed groups" merited an MS response within 2 days? Is this just for "bugs" only or does it include inadequately documented software such as the crypto-related topics in .NET? Key containers are an MS provision that don't seem to work in a common scenario such as ISP hosting..

Any workarounds guys

Thanks.