using Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Russ, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Russ

    Russ Guest

    I wrote a nice aspx page using the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, using
    a Tabstrip and Multipage. The tabstrip and multipage are created at
    design time, but the actual tab items, separators, pages, and the
    controls on each page are done dynamically in the code behind.

    It works swell when the C# client is on my Windows 2000 server. But
    when I deploy the client to a Windows 2003 Server, Web Edition, the
    tabstrip and multi page does not get rendered properly. The
    formatting and positioning is all messed up, and I cannot switch tabs.
    It does show the proper data for the first tab page. The same thing
    happens when I access the client from any other computer.

    What I don't understand is how this could happen. It is the same code
    (my client dll and the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll) and pages
    that have simply been copied to the web server. It is the same
    computer running IE 6.0 in either case, so what can cause the form to
    be rendered differently?

    What can I do to cure this problem?

    Thanks, Russ
    Russ, Jun 24, 2004