using On-Demand Javascript to load function

Adnan Siddiqi

Hi

I am using Walter Zorne DragnDrop lib along with graphic library for
my application. the function Set_DHTML() in drag n drop library sets
divs(s) for dragging purpose. the argument of function doesn't support
assignment of comma seprated ID names within function due to this one
can't use the function at Runtime by adding IDs.

The othe restriction of this approach is that it should be defined
just above the body tag. I tried to call the function dynamically by
using Ondemand javascript approach but it didn't work at all and it
starts showing a blank page as if I am navigating away.

Can you please tell me some solution that how could I reload a page
with losing the data?

/A

David Mark

Hi

I am using Walter Zorne DragnDrop lib along with graphic library for
my application. the function Set_DHTML() in drag n drop library sets
divs(s) for dragging purpose. the argument of function doesn't

What a perfectly intuitive name for that function.

support
assignment of comma seprated ID names within function due to this one
can't use the function at Runtime by adding IDs.

I don't know what that means.
The othe restriction of this approach is that it should be defined
just above the body tag. I tried to call the function

Or that. The only thing above the body is the head.

dynamically by
using Ondemand javascript approach but it didn't work at all and it
starts showing a blank page as if I am navigating away.

Where is this "Ondemand javascript?"
Can you please tell me some solution that how could I reload a page
with losing the data?

Can you please post the offending code?

David Mark

I don't have code at this moment because I am at office. Yes I can
share the url of walterzorne code.

http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm

I looked at it. The demos worked okay in my browser, but the code is
crawling with browser sniffs (and is nearly 40K!) But I guess 4
million plus visitors since 2002 can't be wrong. (!)

I've seen enough. Please don't tell me the 40K drag and drop lib has
dependencies.
SET_DHMTL() is called as

and its commands:

http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/commands_e.htm

the problem is that it accepts every individual Id as a separate
argument and one can't pass a comma decimated string of DIV Ids as
second argument.

I assume you mean a comma-delimited list. Why do you need to send
such a thing? Can't you call the function for each element?

Adnan Siddiqi

I looked at it. The demos worked okay in my browser, but the code is
crawling with browser sniffs (and is nearly 40K!) But I guess 4
million plus visitors since 2002 can't be wrong. (!)

I've seen enough. Please don't tell me the 40K drag and drop lib has
dependencies.

I assume you mean a comma-delimited list. Why do you need to send
such a thing? Can't you call the function for each element?

this is the issue, the function assume every single ID of DIV as a
separate argument. The other main issue is that the function must be
invoked at the time of loading of page. So if i make my custom
function callDhtml() for Click event in which I just execute
setDHTML() function then it suddenly shows white page and keeps
navigating somewhere.

David Mark

this is the issue, the function assume every single ID of DIV as a
separate argument. The other main issue is that the function

I still don't get the argument issue, but haven't studied the library
code very closely. And I still have no idea what you are trying to do
with it as I can't see your code.

must be
invoked at the time of loading of page. So if i make my custom
function callDhtml() for Click event in which I just execute
setDHTML() function then it suddenly shows white page and keeps
navigating somewhere.

I looked at the setDHTML function and it uses document.write for some
odd reason. So indeed you can't call it after the page loads. I
would find another drag and drop library.