    Can you please tell me some solution that how could I reload a page
    with losing the data?

    /A
    Adnan Siddiqi, Jul 26, 2007

  2. Adnan Siddiqi

    David Mark Guest

    On Jul 26, 5:02 pm, Adnan Siddiqi <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am using Walter Zorne DragnDrop lib along with graphic library for
    > my application. the function Set_DHTML() in drag n drop library sets
    > divs(s) for dragging purpose. the argument of function doesn't

    What a perfectly intuitive name for that function.

    support
    > assignment of comma seprated ID names within function due to this one
    > can't use the function at Runtime by adding IDs.

    I don't know what that means.

    > The othe restriction of this approach is that it should be defined
    > just above the body tag. I tried to call the function

    Or that. The only thing above the body is the head.

    dynamically by
    > using Ondemand javascript approach but it didn't work at all and it
    > starts showing a blank page as if I am navigating away.

    Where is this "Ondemand javascript?"

    > Can you please tell me some solution that how could I reload a page
    > with losing the data?

    Can you please post the offending code?
    David Mark, Jul 26, 2007

  3. Adnan Siddiqi, Jul 27, 2007
  4. Adnan Siddiqi

    David Mark Guest

    On Jul 27, 3:56 am, Adnan Siddiqi <> wrote:
    > I don't have code at this moment because I am at office. Yes I can
    > share the url of walterzorne code.
    >
    > http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm

    I looked at it. The demos worked okay in my browser, but the code is
    crawling with browser sniffs (and is nearly 40K!) But I guess 4
    million plus visitors since 2002 can't be wrong. (!)

    > and API:
    >
    > http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/api_e.htm

    I've seen enough. Please don't tell me the 40K drag and drop lib has
    dependencies.

    > SET_DHMTL() is called as
    >
    > and its commands:
    >
    > http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/commands_e.htm
    >
    > the problem is that it accepts every individual Id as a separate
    > argument and one can't pass a comma decimated string of DIV Ids as
    > second argument.

    I assume you mean a comma-delimited list. Why do you need to send
    such a thing? Can't you call the function for each element?
    David Mark, Jul 27, 2007
  5. On Jul 27, 1:28 pm, David Mark <> wrote:
    > On Jul 27, 3:56 am, Adnan Siddiqi <> wrote:
    >
    > > I don't have code at this moment because I am at office. Yes I can
    > > share the url of walterzorne code.

    > >http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm

    > I looked at it. The demos worked okay in my browser, but the code is
    > crawling with browser sniffs (and is nearly 40K!) But I guess 4
    > million plus visitors since 2002 can't be wrong. (!)
    >

    > > and API:

    > >http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/api_e.htm

    > I've seen enough. Please don't tell me the 40K drag and drop lib has
    > dependencies.
    >

    > I assume you mean a comma-delimited list. Why do you need to send
    > such a thing? Can't you call the function for each element?

    this is the issue, the function assume every single ID of DIV as a
    separate argument. The other main issue is that the function must be
    invoked at the time of loading of page. So if i make my custom
    function callDhtml() for Click event in which I just execute
    setDHTML() function then it suddenly shows white page and keeps
    navigating somewhere.
    Adnan Siddiqi, Jul 27, 2007
  6. Adnan Siddiqi

    David Mark Guest

    On Jul 27, 4:44 am, Adnan Siddiqi <> wrote:
    > On Jul 27, 1:28 pm, David Mark <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 27, 3:56 am, Adnan Siddiqi <> wrote:

    > > > I don't have code at this moment because I am at office. Yes I can
    > > > share the url of walterzorne code.

    > > >http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm

    > > I looked at it. The demos worked okay in my browser, but the code is
    > > crawling with browser sniffs (and is nearly 40K!) But I guess 4
    > > million plus visitors since 2002 can't be wrong. (!)

    > > > and API:

    > > >http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/api_e.htm

    > > I've seen enough. Please don't tell me the 40K drag and drop lib has
    > > dependencies.

    > > I assume you mean a comma-delimited list. Why do you need to send
    > > such a thing? Can't you call the function for each element?

    > this is the issue, the function assume every single ID of DIV as a
    > separate argument. The other main issue is that the function

    I still don't get the argument issue, but haven't studied the library
    code very closely. And I still have no idea what you are trying to do
    with it as I can't see your code.

    must be
    > invoked at the time of loading of page. So if i make my custom
    > function callDhtml() for Click event in which I just execute
    > setDHTML() function then it suddenly shows white page and keeps
    > navigating somewhere.

    I looked at the setDHTML function and it uses document.write for some
    odd reason. So indeed you can't call it after the page loads. I
    would find another drag and drop library.
    David Mark, Jul 27, 2007