Using Protocol Transition and Constrained Delegation to access a domain controler via LDAP

Olivier Matrot

Hello,
I'm trying to apply the techniques found in the following article :
However the backend tier is not a SQL Server, but a domain controller
accessed via the System.DirectoryServices Namespace.

My scenarii is the following:
- The web site is running under the network service account (Windows 2003
domain member).
- Forms based authentication is used.
- the web page impersonate the authenticated user by using the
WindowsIndentity constructor.
- Any call to the System.Directory Services namespace fails with the error :
0x8007203A : 'The server is not operational'.

Please note that the LogonUser technique works fine in the same environment.

The problem is that I'm not sure that I have correctly selected the services
available in the delegation property page for the computer account. I have
selected the service "ldap" on each domain controler.

Any help appreciated.