Using PyXml with Jython

barakad11

Hi

I'm trying to run some code developed for (C)Python on Jython's
interpreter (version 2.2.1).
The code uses xpath and I tried to make Pyxml available to the Jython
interpreter in order for it to execute.
The interpreter still can't import xpath module.
When I checked the __init__ file under Jython's Lib/xml directory I
saw that it only accepts PyXml version 0.8.5 or higher. The highest
version of PyXml I found is 0.8.4.

My questions are
1) Why does Jython requests a non existing PyXml (_xmlplus) version?
2) How can I use (python's as appose to Java's) xpath module in
Jython?

Thanks,
Barak