Using the Repeater

Mike Craig

Does anyone have a good suggestion/tutorial on how to access items
contained in a repeater in the onItemBound event?

I'm trying to dynamically generate a URL based on a selected item and
and finding that I cannot just cast e.item.dataitem to a DataRowView
object. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Robert Koritnik

Well it depends what you provide as DataSource. So if casting to DataRowView
is not valid, you should cast to something that is.

Normally people set DataSet/DataTable to DataSource property. That's why
most of them use DataRowView casting in ItemDataBound event handler.

Mike Craig

I found that my code worked as I expected by using the ItemCreated
event. Hmm, go figure..