Using Tix and Tkinter

Harlin Seritt

I am trying to create a simple window using the following code:

--code---

import Tix
from Tkconstants import *
from Tkinter import *

root = Tix.Tk()

Label(root, text="Hello!").pack()
Tix.tixControl().pack()

root.mainloop()

---code---

When I run this, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TixTest.py", line 8, in ?
Tix.tixControl().pack()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'tixControl'

Any reason why I am not able to pull up this widget to work with it?

Thanks,

Harlin Seritt

harold fellermann

import Tix
from Tkconstants import *
from Tkinter import *

root = Tix.Tk()

Label(root, text="Hello!").pack()
Tix.tixControl().pack()

root.mainloop()
When I run this, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TixTest.py", line 8, in ?
Tix.tixControl().pack()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'tixControl'

in the Tix module this widget is called Control. writing
Tix.Control().pack()
should work.

- harold -