Using TreeView and ListView controls in Web Application

stacy

I am attempting to port an application from a Windows app to an ASP.NET
Web App. I notice that the TreeView and ListView controls are not part
of the tool box on the WebForm. Can someone tell me if I can use these
controls in the Web app. If I cannot, does anyone have a suggestion as
to a similar control so I can avoid massive design and code changes
Thanks

Eirik Eldorsen

Check under navigation. The TreeView and Menu control is probably what you
are looking for. (only available in .net 2.0)

Eirik

Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
If you are using .net 2.0 ( vs 2005) then it has inbuilt menu and tree control which you can check under navigation tab.

But in .net 1.0 and 1.1, there is no inbuilt control, you have to use a third party control. There are various controls available some are freeware and some are shareware.

www.obout.com provides freeware controls, though it does not have much features but its a good one.

and if you want a control which should provide more features then you can go for infragistics control, www.infragistics.com, its not free but it provides a trial version.

stacy

Thank you Eirik,

I have Enterprise Architect, Version 2003 aka V1.1, I guess it's time
for an upgrade!

Stacy