Using Treeview inside UpdatePanel control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alhambra Eidos Kiquenet, Jun 12, 2008.

  1. Hi misters,

    "And the link to Microsoft's site on that blog says:

    "The following ASP.NET controls are not compatible with partial-page
    updates, and are therefore not supported inside an UpdatePanel control:

    TreeView and Menu controls.

    "

    My question, how I can use a Treeview control in UpdatePanel control if
    Treeview are not compatible with partial-page updates and not supported ???

    Any help or sample code ??

    Thanks in advance, greetings

    --
    http://www.alhambra-eidos.es/web2005/index.html
    www.kiquenet.net
    Alhambra Eidos Kiquenet, Jun 12, 2008

  2. Alhambra Eidos Kiquenet

    Munna Guest

    Munna, Jun 12, 2008

  3. The treeview control is capable of doing its own AJAX calls, so perhaps you
    don't even need it to be in an update panel.
    Here's more info:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/Ajax.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jun 12, 2008
  4. MIstaer, i'm using vs 2005. thanks
    Alhambra Eidos Kiquenet, Jun 13, 2008