Using UNC paths for --find-links in easy_install on Windows

Salim Fadhley

A project I'm working on requires a Python egg to be deployed to a
remote location which (because of a security configuration outside my
control) denies users web-access but allows users access to networked
file-systems. It has been proposed that rather than creating a web-
repository for python eggs we store these on a local file-server.

Has anybody had any luck using the --find_options argument to
easy_install with a local folder (e.g. on a Windows C: Drive) or a
network folder, for example

easy_install --find-links="http://server/egs" myegg==1.0.1

that sort of thing works fine

but what about:

easy_install --find-links="c:\myeggs\" myegg==1.0.1

or even:

easy_install --find-links="file:///c:/myeggs" myegg==1.01