Using WxRuby

Marcelo Paniagua

Hello there...I'm using WxRuby and I haven't found the method to get the
value of the selected cell.. I tried to
use the following but didn't work.

value = @grid.get_cell_value(
@grid.get_cursor_row,@grid.get_cursor_column )

Could anyone point out the correct method? Thanks

WxRuby seems like a very good tool, but lacks from a complete
documentation. The documentation that
I have found is very good but not very complete.

Thanks

Marcelo

Assaph Mehr

Marcelo said:
Hello there...I'm using WxRuby and I haven't found the method to get the
value of the selected cell.. I tried to
use the following but didn't work.

value = @grid.get_cell_value(
@grid.get_cursor_row,@grid.get_cursor_column )

Could anyone point out the correct method? Thanks

This worked for me. What is the problem you encounter?

WxRuby seems like a very good tool, but lacks from a complete
documentation. The documentation that
I have found is very good but not very complete.

You can read the wxWidgets API documentation. Of course, they document
the C interface, but the wxRuby maintainers have kept to a simple
translation mechanic. So first read
http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?APIReferenceDocumentation and
then you can easily refer to the C documentation during development.

HTH,
Assaph