    Or on the other hand a tool to map XML documents into a database for
    processing and if posible to dump the modified information in the XML
    documents.
    Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion, May 7, 2004

  2. Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I am looking for an aplication that could query XML documents. Somethin
    > like Access for windows but with the ability to treat XML documents as a
    > database would be nice.
    >
    > Or on the other hand a tool to map XML documents into a database for
    > processing and if posible to dump the modified information in the XML
    > documents.

    hi,

    see :
    http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDatabaseProds.htm
    --
    Cordialement,

    ///
    (. .)
    -----ooO--(_)--Ooo-----
    | Philippe Poulard |
    -----------------------
    Philippe Poulard, May 7, 2004

  3. Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion <> wrote in message news:<1083927612.599797@slbhw0>...
    > I am looking for an aplication that could query XML documents.

    Bad idea. Looks pretty, but performance is lousy. The "document" is
    just too monolithic for good performance.

    > Or on the other hand a tool to map XML documents into a database for
    > processing

    Much better.

    Big question - XML or RDF ? Do you have a stable schema for all
    documents _before_ you set up the system, or must you deal with
    semi-structured data that has an underlying structure you only get to
    know when you first meet the dataset ?

    This is a good, but very difficult, topic. So much depends on what
    sort of data you're expecting, and a little on the coding tools you're
    familiar with.
    Andy Dingley, May 7, 2004
  4. Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion

    Guest Guest

    1) Are you looking for ready solutions or just wants to build your own?

    2) What kind of data you going to store in it?

    3) How bit will be this data base? How many recordfs do you expect?

    Cheers,
    <spider/>
    * The man behind technology
    Guest, May 7, 2004