UTF-8 in ASCX will not render correctly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Peter Styk, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Peter Styk

    Peter Styk Guest

    Hello, i believe i've tried everything before posting here. Can anyone help?

    In web config i have the following globalization:

    <globalization requestEncoding="UTF-8"
    responseEncoding="UTF-8"
    fileEncoding="UTF-8"
    culture="pl-PL"
    uiCulture="pl-PL"/>

    My page header says this:
    <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm7.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Inherits="newtone_ca.WebForm7" culture="pl-PL" codePage="65001"%>

    I have a blank page, i type the following text

    acelnószz ACELNÓSZZ.jpg

    now i paste the same text into an epty ASCX control and drop it on the new
    ASPX page right below the above text.

    When code compiles and renders on the page... this is what i get

    ==================

    acelnószz ACELNÓSZZ.jpg

    ?? ??.jpg

    Is this a bug? Is there a way around it? I really want to use UTF-8
    instead of 1250 but most of my work for the project is in controls
    How can i force my ASCX controls to input and output correctly in UTF-8?
    I have english version of VS.NET 2003. I tried running this code on
    Server2003 both Polish and English. same result

    Please at least let me know, is my only option going back to 1250?

    Thanks
    Peter Styk

    Peter Styk, Jan 12, 2005