UTF-8

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

Hi,

I'm uploading a text file (.csv) dynamically to the client with this method
:

--
Response.Clear();
Response.AddHeader("Content-disposition:", "attachment;

Response.Write([...]);
Response.Write([...]);

Response.End();
--
Some accentuated acharacters does not display correctly in excel... but when
I open the file the characters are displayed fine.. and notepad tells me

Im I missing something here? (apparently yes!)

Thanks guys (and or gals)

Mike

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

Mike Gleason jr Couturier said:
[...]

I've managed to get it done by:

Response.AddHeader("Content-disposition:", "attachment;
filename=export.csv");
Response.AddHeader("Content-type", "application/vnd.ms-excel;
charset=ISO-8859-1");
Response.Charset = "ISO-8859-1";
Response.ContentEncoding = Encoding.GetEncoding("ISO-8859-1");
I don't really need UTF8... my text was in latin iso :|

Mike