Validation Controls within user control

ticars

I have a telephone number user control in which I need to validate the
data entered (Required field validation and regular expression
validation). The phone number is represented as 3 text boxes so I have
3 required field validation and regular expression validation controls.
I set the display property to none and have a validation summary
control in my hosting page. I have a method in the user control that
then assigns the error message and the validation group to these 6
controls. The problem I'm having is that if a user doesn't enter data
in any of the fields they get 3 duplicate error messages. Is there any
way to prevent duplicate messages from showing up in the validation
summary control???

Winista

3 controls, 3 validarors, 3 messages..... Thats whats going to show up. Why
do you think error message is duplicate?

ticars

I realize that if there are 3 validation controls then three messages
are going to show up; at least by default. I was essentially asking if
there is a way around this.

I think the messages are duplicated because they are duplicated. I
understand why they are duplicate; I was just trying to see if there is
an easy way around this.