VB / ASP.NET Validation Summary - User Controls

bh

I have a user control which groups together 4 controls. I then have some
requiredfieldvalidators and a regularexpressionvalidator.

If I put a validation summary on the user control, and then drop more than
one instance of the user controls on my web page, it will show the correct
(*) noting which control failed, but then it displays the validation
summaries for every instance of the user control, even when only one of the
user control's controls has a validation error.

When I drag the control on to my .aspx page, there is no "ValidationGroup"
property. I tried building one into the user control as a string property,
but it does not talk with the page's base Validation Group.

Is there a way to inherit the page's "ValidationGroup" property to the user
control, itself, so I can put the ValidationSummary on the consuming page,
rather than from within the actual user control, and validate only the
offending instance?

Please give examples in VB, if at all possible, as C# is a little confusing
to me. Thanks in advance for any help.

bh