Validation Event Order

Benign Vanilla

I have several required fields validated using the out of the box valdiation
controls. I also have a custom validator for a checkbox on my form. When the
user clicks the Save button, the form is submitted and the required fields
are validated. If any fail, my validation summary control kicks in. Once
those are fixed, my save function is called, which in turn calls the
function for the custom validator.

The problem is that the custom validator does not run unless all other
validations succeed. It seems the out of the box validators fire on the form
submission before the click event. Is this true? Where could I put my custom
call so that it is included in the validation list with the others and does
not wait for the click event to fire?

BV.