Validation of attributes using XML Schema

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Patr=EDcia_Martins?=

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to validate attributes in a
situation like this:

<TUPLE>
<LIST type="type1">Bla</LIST>
<LIST type="type2">Ble</LIST>
<ATOM type="type3">Bli</ATOM>
</TUPLE>

I need that the nested elements under <TUPLE> have different values
for the attribute type, even considering distinct elements. So, I
can't have a document like this:

<TUPLE>
<LIST type="type1">Bla</LIST>
<LIST type="type1">Ble</LIST> <---- repeated type nested under
<TUPLE>
<ATOM type="type3">Bli</ATOM>
</TUPLE>

Please, help me !

Thanks in advance,
Patrícia Martins

Henry S. Thompson

I need that the nested elements under <TUPLE> have different values
for the attribute type, even considering distinct elements. So, I
can't have a document like this:

<TUPLE>
<LIST type="type1">Bla</LIST>
<LIST type="type1">Ble</LIST> <---- repeated type nested under
<TUPLE>
<ATOM type="type3">Bli</ATOM>
</TUPLE>

The key and unique identity constraint features of W3C XML Schema
should do what you want. See the W3C XML Schema Primer [1] for a
tutorial introduction.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/PER-xmlschema-0-20040318/#specifyingUniqueness
Half-time member of W3C Team
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: (e-mail address removed)