    What is the cause of this error? How can I avoid it?

    Thanks!
    Bill
    bill, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Bill,
    if you just put that exception message into a search as I just did, you'll
    find a number of issues raised and some workarounds. One of them is adding:

    <pages validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="false"
    viewStateEncryptionMode ="Never" />

    to the web.config.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jun 13, 2006

  3. bill

    bill Guest

    Thanks, I did that, for hours, as I always do before posting myself. You
    will see that there are also many posts from users who were unable to
    resolve this problem with that workaround. I fall into that category. I am
    not using a gridview control and it doesn't occur because the page is being
    posted too soon, etc.

    bill, Jun 13, 2006