Validation

Guest

I use asp 2.0 net.
what is the same for "onblur" in asp control such as "<asp:textbox / >"?

I use "<asp:textbox />" inside Gridview.
I try to validation using client side.
when I try using "<input type="text" />" then validation is not hard thing.
however using asp.net is hard.

Terry Burns

Client side ( javascript ) its the same onBlur.

The easiet way to do this is to trap the update event of the grid, so you
would do something like this server side

if not MyRowCellIsValid( cellControl.text ) then
'Send message to user interface
Exit Sub
End If

'Carry on to update the database.