Validator Control Problem

Matias

Hi!, I'm having a strange issue while deploying a web site with Validator

controls.

In my development machine the Validators function perfecly and also when I

deploy using XCOPY to a web server.

The problem seems to arrise when I decided to change the root folder of the

web page in IIS to point to a different directory. In this case the

validators stop working (although the page continues to work)

To be more precise these are the directories:

The folder configuration is the following

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\siteName\application

The page is working when in IIS home directory I set it to point to

\siteName and I browse to page using http://mysite/application/

When I point the IIS home directory straight to \siteName\application (and

browse directly using http://mysite/ ) Validators stop working.

What could the problem be? What am I missing or what parameters I need to

configure (that forgot probably) in IIS to make the Validators control work

again?

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Matias,

The <webControls> element in the machine.config specifies the location of
the client script files that are used for validation. ASP.NET is going to
be looking in the aspnet_client folder in the root of the Web site. That's
the root of the Web site, not the application. Therefore, when you change
the physical location of the root of the Web site, you break that
functionality.

If you need to keep the root of the Web site set where you have it, go to a
command prompt and change into the v1.1.4322 directory and run this:

aspnet_regiis -c

That will create the folder in the new root.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
ASP.NET Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)