Validator for server control inside a user control.

Guest

Hello,

I am facing a strange situation and have already spent a lot of time on
this. I have a user control 'U' that consists of a server/composite control
'C'. C consists of a textbox 'T' and a datepicker 'D' and implements
INamingContainer. The user-selected date from D appears in T. The
validationproperty of C is set to the 'Text' property of T. 'U' also consists
of a RequiredFieldValidator 'R' that validates C (i.e. The text property of
T).

When I use 'U' in an .aspx page, the id of the rendered textbox becomes U:C.
However, the validator R's ControlToValidate property is set to U_C. Thus,
the validation never fires since it is referencing to UniqueID instead of the
ClientID of C.

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
superman