Validator not working

Hemant

Hi All

I am havving a problem in my vb.net 2.0 application.
In my application all validator (regular field ,required field ,Custom
validator ) stop working .
I am not getting what happen to my application.
Please help me .

Hemant

Hemant

Hi All,
I found that cause of this problem is that WebResource.axd file .
My application not getting this file .
Can you please help me to solve this.
thanks,
hemant

ThatsIT.net.au

something is wrong with you configuration of your site

you may need to delete the web site then copy all the content back into it.
seems like a lot of bother but it seems you have spent a lot of time and
frustration on it all ready

Scott M.

You have to give us more information and your code for us to be able to say
what could be the problem.

WebResource.axd is not a file that you will see in your project, as it is
created dynamically. Why do you believe this file is causing a problem?

-Scott

ThatsIT.net.au

Hemant's problem is spread over a few posts, but all seem to point to his
dotNet config is messed up

read a few more of his posts sent in the last few hours and you will see
what I mean

Scott M.

I have seen some of them, but he's only telling us what errors he's getting
and nothing about what he's doing (or not doing).

Has he tried creating a fresh project and testing just a blank page? We
don't know.

-Scott

Hemant

Hi All,

I have created a new website and it has only default.aspx page . code return
on this aspx page is as
<asp:TextBox ID ="txtname" runat ="server" >

></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

<asp:Button ID ="btn" runat ="Server" />

when I click on button "btn" than I got error .

javascript debugger got stuck on the line

onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;btn&quot;, &quot;&quot;, true, &quot;&quot;,
&quot;&quot;, false, false))

when I check option in IE --> Tools-->Internet Option -->Advance-->disable
javascript debuggin.

then debugger not stuck on that place but validator not work.

so thats the main problem

please help me.

Thanks,

Hemant

ThatsIT.net.au

You have a big problem as far as I can see.
maybe scot knows more about it than me

Scott M.

The first thing to do is remove everything from the page and just see if you
can get a blank page to render without error.

-Scott

Hemant

hi,
I have reinstall the visual studio 2005 .
than create the new page .
On this page there is only one text box , one button and one
asp:requiredfield validator .
Now I run the application and got the same error.
javascript debugger got stuck on the line
onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;btn&quot;, &quot;&quot;, true, &quot;&quot;,
&quot;&quot;, false, false))

Please help me.
Thanks,
Hemant

Scott M.

Will you PLEASE just try a test with a new page that has NOTHING on it and
see if it runs?

-Scott

Hemant

Hi,
I have tried with a new page in a new project . as I said below.
I created a new project and on default.aspx i have only three line of code
and run this page i am getting this error.
Thanks.
Hemant

Scott M.

Having 3 lines of code is not the same thing as no lines of code.

I have asked you many times to make a brand new project, which comes with a
blank page and just try to run that blank page. Don't add ANY code and
don't add ANY controls.

-Scott

Hemant

Hi Scott,
Sorry for that.
The page is working fine without the validator.
If i use the validator than i got the following error.
A new page is working fine.
thanks,
Hemant