validator problem

Guest

hi,
i have a form on my page with RequiredFieldValidators on it. as usual, there
is a submit button at the bottom of the form. it will not function when the
form isnt filled out correctly. this is fine. next to the button, however, is
another button that resets the form. when the fields arent filled in
correctly the button wont work. i dont want this to happen is there a way
around this?

jan.hancic

How is your reset button implemented?
Do you postback to the server and reset the data there or is it a
type="reset" HTML element?

Guest

i postback to the server and then reset it. i suppose i could use the HTML
element BUT there is another button which has the same problem.
thanks in advance,

jan.hancic

All submit buttons will validate the form by default and will not let
you submit the data to the server.

One way is to disable the client side validation and you only validate
on the server.

Islamegy®

Just Set CauseValidation property of the button to to false, JTML Button
won't need any configration

jan.hancic

Sorry guys, I don't know what I was thinkig. I have completley forgot
about that property...