validators in panel

jobz

I have a multi-page form that contains various validators. When the user
clicks the submit button, I want validators to fire in all panels, not just
the one currently visible. Can anyone help?

jobz

Guest

Hi,

By default all the validators will fire when a button is clicked.

Anyway, how useful it would be if the section is not visible and the
validator alone is fired?

Thanks.

Guest

to my knowledge
when a panel is made visible = false the panel and the controls are not
visible in the rendered html.
the best
srini

Guest

Thats right srini.

but what i told was if you have a button in a page and have different
panels, then all the validators in the page irrespective of the panel get
fired unless specifically we mention for some controls as "causes
validation=false"

i dont know why he wants an invisible panel to fire the control.

jobz

The info in all the panels belongs in one form, table, whatever you want to
call it. The reason why I divided into separate panels is that I feel it is
easier for the user to comprehend then everything in one very, very long
page.

Ranganh, are you absolutely sure all validators fire, even those in hidden
panels. I created a test page containing 2 panels, each panel with a
textbox and requiredfieldvalidator. When I enter info in the textbox in the
1st panel and click submit, page.isvalid = true. The requiredfieldvalidator
in the 2nd panel, which is hidden, is not fired. This actually makes sense,
because like srini said, any hidden panels and their associated controls +
validators are not rendered.

jobz