    clicks the submit button, I want validators to fire in all panels, not just
    the one currently visible. Can anyone help?

    jobz

    jobz, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Hi,

    By default all the validators will fire when a button is clicked.

    Anyway, how useful it would be if the section is not visible and the
    validator alone is fired?

    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZ2FuaA==?=, Oct 5, 2004

  3. to my knowledge
    when a panel is made visible = false the panel and the controls are not
    visible in the rendered html.
    the best
    srini

    =?Utf-8?B?c3Jpbmk=?=, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Thats right srini.

    but what i told was if you have a button in a page and have different
    panels, then all the validators in the page irrespective of the panel get
    fired unless specifically we mention for some controls as "causes
    validation=false"

    i dont know why he wants an invisible panel to fire the control.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFuZ2FuaA==?=, Oct 5, 2004
  5. jobz

    jobz Guest

    The info in all the panels belongs in one form, table, whatever you want to
    call it. The reason why I divided into separate panels is that I feel it is
    easier for the user to comprehend then everything in one very, very long
    page.

    Ranganh, are you absolutely sure all validators fire, even those in hidden
    panels. I created a test page containing 2 panels, each panel with a
    textbox and requiredfieldvalidator. When I enter info in the textbox in the
    1st panel and click submit, page.isvalid = true. The requiredfieldvalidator
    in the 2nd panel, which is hidden, is not fired. This actually makes sense,
    because like srini said, any hidden panels and their associated controls +
    validators are not rendered.

    jobz

    jobz, Oct 5, 2004