Disabling validators in multipage

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

When using the tabstrip control combined with a multipage (several pageview)
there is a problem when using validators. The problem is that validation
also occurs on the validators that are not on the currently selected
pageview of the multipage. To prevent this from happening I disable all the
validators and only enable the validators on the selected page but does not
look to me like the correct way of working.

Is there a better way to do this? Is there an easier way to make sure that
validators that are NOT on the visible pageview aren't validated?

Also this is what I am trying to do. I have large page with several logical
blocks and I have changed this into one tab for each logical block. Each
logical block is now a pageview in a multipage.

Thanks

Gabriel Lozano-Morán

Peter Blum

If you don't post back as the tabs switch, you have to write javascript code
to disable each validator on the panels not displayed. There is a
client-side function available although its poorly documented,
EnableValidator(). You can see it in the WebUIValidation.js file.

I built a replacement to Microsoft's validators that introduces a lot of new
capabilities including smart enabling. Each of my 25 validators has the
Enabler property where you establish a rule that indicates if the validator
is enabled based on some info on the page. In this case, you would set up a
rule that determines if the TextBox is visible or not before attempting to
validate. My replacement, "Professional Validation And More"
(http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx), supports many more browsers on the
client-side and provides all kinds of improvements for data entry web forms.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx