VB6 and Perl on 2000/XP: Req recommendation for interprocess communication

Tom Bates

I'm working on a VB6 program that will kick off a command process
(using COMSPEC) that will run a perl script, which in turn may execute
nested perl scripts. (I think it sounds worse than it is.) I have
tested a prototype which appears to work, using CreateProcess (this
way, I can stop the process if I need to).

I would like the VB program to be able to continually monitor and
receive status from the running perl script(s) so I can update a
status bar, and perhaps display progress information in a textbox. To
me, watching the text whiz by in a console window looks kinda 80's...
:)

Can someone suggest an optimal approach for this?

Thanks
Tom

NOTE - cross-posted to VB and Perl discussion groups