VBC syntax used by VS2003

Andrei

Hi Group,

Is there any way to find out what is the exact syntax that VS2003 is using
when compiling/starting a asp.net application ?
I'm looking for all the parameters needed for issuing a vbc command at the
command prompt.

We have a quite large application, with lots of projects in the solution.
Being so large, it takes some time to compile and start.
We are trying to find a way to run this using a command line (vbc) from a
batch, so we can schedule compiles at night for example...

Thank you,

Andrei.

bruce barker

read the documentation on msbuild and the comandline interface to vs2003.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Andrei

Thank you, Bruce, for your guides.

Still, is there any place I could find the full command line (or set of
parameters) that VS2003 is using when building _my_ solution ? Or this is
something VS2003 does not store in a configuration file ?

Thank you,

Andrei.

bruce barker

the project files are msbuild files. vs uses msbuild to do the compile.
the vs build configuration setting (for the project) controls the paramteres
passed to msbuild. also you can use the commandline devenv to run msbuild.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)