vbscript in js in asp

Andrew Poulos

I write my ASP using javascript but I've been given a component that's
been written in vbscript. The top of my js ASP page has

<%@ language="javascript" %>
<!-- #include file="aspupload.asp" -->

and the top of the component has

<%@ language="vbscript" %>

One ASP page cannot have two @ commands. So apart from trying to rewrite
the component in js, is there a way to get js ASP to use a vb component?

Andrew Poulos

pangea33

Andrew said:
I write my ASP using javascript but I've been given a component that's
been written in vbscript. The top of my js ASP page has

<%@ language="javascript" %>
<!-- #include file="aspupload.asp" -->

and the top of the component has

<%@ language="vbscript" %>

One ASP page cannot have two @ commands. So apart from trying to rewrite
the component in js, is there a way to get js ASP to use a vb component?

Andrew Poulos

This is probably just semantics but I expect code to run server-side
when referred to as a component. If this is true, it will be executed
before rendering on the client browser. The only thing that looks like
a potential problem to me is improper nesting.

If the fileupload.asp page has a vbscript header tag it looks like your
tags will be problematic. This page might be useful if you're working
with server-side code. If you aren't, keep in mind that vbscript won't
run client-side except in Internet Explorer.

http://aspjavascript.com/lesson04.asp

Evertjan.

Andrew Poulos wrote on 04 jan 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
I write my ASP using javascript but I've been given a component that's
been written in vbscript. The top of my js ASP page has

<%@ language="javascript" %>
<!-- #include file="aspupload.asp" -->

and the top of the component has

<%@ language="vbscript" %>

use:

<script language="vbscript" runat="server">

</script>

...., remembering this will run at the bottom,so only should hold functions,
not inline commands or variable declarations