Velocity and Confluence wiki

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I wish to embed a Confluence Wiki within an existing PHP site.

    Our current strategy is one of developing a custom theme for
    confluence, wrapping the wiki in navigation so it "appears" to form
    part of the main php site.
    Is this a good strategy?

    Once the Theme is developed we would have to extract data from another
    existing database to populate a navigation bar and other elements with
    data from this other database.
    Would we use Velocity Action classes?
    i.e. in viewspacesummary.vm, the title is populated with a call to
    $action.getText('advanced.name').
    So would we need to replace the action class with our own one, and then
    obtain the space name from the external db? and if so how?

    We have a good knowledge of Java / Servlets / Tomcat & databases but
    are fairly new to Velocity, and Confluence.

    Thanks

    Andrew, Nov 2, 2006