Version of Ruby for Palm OS?

John Joyce

Does anyone know if a version of Ruby has ever been written to run on =
the
Palm OS? If so, can you provide any references?

Thanks,

John

---------------

Dr. John Joyce
LIMS Manager
Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
600 N. 5th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Mailto: (e-mail address removed)=20
Phone: 804-648-4480, X-384
FAX: 804-692-0416=20
=20

John Joyce

Wow, another John Joyce here.
Don't know of a PalmOS version, but isn't Palm migrating to Linux
anyway?

John.Joyce

John,

I believe Palm is using Linux in some of their new devices, primarily phones
I think, but all the devices I have to work with run the Palm OS. Since
discovering that IBM had a version of Java for the Palm, I just thought I'd
check to see if anyone had gotten around to implementing Ruby as well.

Thanks for the feedback,

John

---------------

Dr. John Joyce
LIMS Manager
Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
600 N. 5th St.
Richmond, VA 23219

Mailto: (e-mail address removed)
Phone: 804-648-4480, X-384
Don't know of a PalmOS version, but isn't Palm migrating to Linux
anyway?

dangerwillrobinsondanger

John Joyce,

This is getting wierd...
If there is a Java for Palm, then you can run JRuby if nothing else.

[...]

mo_mail

John said:
John Joyce,

This is getting wierd...
If there is a Java for Palm, then you can run JRuby if nothing else.

John Joyce

Hi John Joyces (it took me a while to figure that out),

The Java for Palm is actually an implementation of J2ME - I'm not sure
if JRuby will run on that!

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/3/2007 | 2:08 AM.

dangerwillrobinsondanger

Yes, it seems we are a programmer's puzzle...
That's a good question though, will JRuby run on J2ME?!
I hope so!

gilesb

Yes, it seems we are a programmer's puzzle...
That's a good question though, will JRuby run on J2ME?!
I hope so!

JRuby will almost definitely not run on J2ME. It absolutely doesn't
run on the Java for Lego Mindstorms, but that's a whole nother ball of
wax.

I saw a thing on the Web about a Ruby for the iPhone but haven't ever
gotten confirmed reports, and I don't have an iPhone myself.

--
Giles Bowkett

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org