versions

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by onauc, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. onauc

    onauc Guest

    onauc wrote:
    > *Hi,
    >
    > There are many versions of C and C++ built by many differen
    > companies.
    > So, which version :
    >
    > 1. more easier to learn
    > 2. more easier to remember
    > 3. more easier to debug
    > 4. helps me find errors fast and professionally
    > 5. more portable
    > 6. has the biggest community
    > 7. has more tutorials widely available
    > 8. has it’s source code all over the internet
    > 9. and so on
    >
    > If C++ is an extension of C then why isn’t it called the new versio
    > of C instead of having a different name ?
    > And, why isn’t it called C+ instead of C++ ?
    > Was there ever a C+ ?
    > Who created the C++ and why couldn’t they give a different nam
    > instead of copying the name from C ?
    > Anything else I should know ? *

    Thanks a bunch.
    WHy is it everytime I try to reply to you malcolm I get an error.
    Afterwards I clicked the R thinking that might be another way to repl
    to you and sent you a message but then realised it was for making
    complain !
    So, if you receive a message from the moderator saying that
    complained against you then ignore it

    -
    onau

    onauc, Nov 21, 2004

  2. onauc <> scribbled the following:
    > Thanks a bunch.
    > WHy is it everytime I try to reply to you malcolm I get an error.
    > Afterwards I clicked the R thinking that might be another way to reply
    > to you and sent you a message but then realised it was for making a
    > complain !

    This depends on your newsreader. Many, for example, don't have an "R"
    to "click".

    > So, if you receive a message from the moderator saying that I
    > complained against you then ignore it.

    You don't have to worry about that. We don't HAVE a moderator.
    comp.lang.c is a completely free forum. If you want moderated
    discussion, there is comp.lang.c.moderated.

    "Remember: There are only three kinds of people - those who can count and those
    who can't."
    - Vampyra

    Joona I Palaste, Nov 21, 2004