    Can you please explain to me why IE vertically aligns the SPAN at the
    bottom, but FF aligns at the top? And what's the right way to fix? This an
    IE bug?
    Slick50, Dec 14, 2006

  2. Slick50

    Vince Morgan Guest

    "Slick50" <> wrote in message
    news:yQ4gh.7478$...
    > http://messiah.scojul.homedns.org
    >
    > Can you please explain to me why IE vertically aligns the SPAN at the
    > bottom, but FF aligns at the top? And what's the right way to fix? This an
    > IE bug?

    I've removed "clear:left". Clear left won't allow anything to be to it's
    immediate left, which in this case causes problems in more standard
    complient browsers. In this case we want the image to be to the left.
    There is no need for a clear right as there's nothing to clear there.
    Float right means to align to the right, and should align top automaticaly
    IIRC.

    #mlp
    {
    FLOAT: right;