Very simple Xlink question

Discussion in 'XML' started by Gene Ellis, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Gene Ellis

    Gene Ellis Guest

    Very simple question. If I have the XML file below:

    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="newspage.xsl"?>
    <newspage>
    <content>Click here for blah blah</content>
    </newspage>

    How can I use XLink to make an HTML hyperlink out of the "click here"
    text?

    I have tried this:

    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="newspage.xsl"?>
    <newspage>
    <content><ABC xlink:type="simple"
    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
    xlink:href="http://www.somelocation.org/">Click here</ABC> for blah
    blah</content>
    </newspage>

    But when I reference this element in my xsl document using:
    <xsl:value-of select="newspage/content" /> The word appears without a
    link. Is there a step I am forgetting? I am kinda new to XML. Thank
    you very much for your suggesstions!
    Gene Ellis, Aug 19, 2004