VHDL JUST FOR ENGINEERS

ec

Hi All

Is VHDL just for qualified emgimeers ?

I am a old elect. techition with alot of experince and knowledge.

I want to get into VHDL based designing.

What are my theoretical chances ?
Thanks
ec

KJ

ec said:
Hi All

Is VHDL just for qualified emgimeers ?
Yes...in the sense that no tool should be in the hands of 'unqualified'
engineers. But like any other skill it can be learned and mastered. It's
like learning any other new language, it can be done.
I am a old elect. techition with alot of experince and knowledge.
Presumably boolean logic and some knowledge of how to write software is
included in that experience.
I want to get into VHDL based designing.

What are my theoretical chances ?
Depending on your motivation, 100% is not unreasonable. Good luck in your
endeavor.

KJ

Paul Uiterlinden

ec said:
Hi All

Is VHDL just for qualified emgimeers ?

I am a old elect. techition with alot of experince and knowledge.

I want to get into VHDL based designing.

My suggestion: start with http://www.vhdl.org/
Dig into the comp.lang.vhdl FAQ: http://www.vhdl.org/comp.lang.vhdl/
And start reading this newsgroup on a regular basis.
What are my theoretical chances ?

Theoretically? Why, between 0% and 100 % of course! ;-)
Practically? Put in a bit of time and perseverance, and 100% should be
possible.

james

+++Hi All
+++
+++Is VHDL just for qualified emgimeers ?
+++
+++I am a old elect. techition with alot of experince and knowledge.
+++
+++I want to get into VHDL based designing.
+++
+++What are my theoretical chances ?
+++Thanks
+++ec
+++
***********

Based on your typing skills, you are going to spend a huge amount of
time debugging the syntax errors that should abound in your code.

Other than that a cave man can learn VHDL.

james

Jonathan Bromley

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:35:02 GMT, james

[...]
Other than that a cave man can learn VHDL.

Ug.
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

(e-mail address removed)
http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

Zara

***********

Based on your typing skills, you are going to spend a huge amount of
time debugging the syntax errors that should abound in your code.

Other than that a cave man can learn VHDL.

if rising_edge(SUN) then
if visible(MAMOUTH) then
hunt(MAMMOUTH);
eat_as_much_as_you_can();
else
hungry<='1';
end if;
end if;

Maybe I should trie to harvest berries to avoid this hungry signal
being asserted! As soon as copper=(others=>'1') I will start on it.